39859RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Travel bug etiquette question

  • Gary Eckhardt
    Mar 7, 2012

      I found just a tag on a chain in one cache, and when I looked it up it apparently had a toy car attached to it that got lost somewhere along the way.  I took it upon myself to restore the bug to a similar looking car (from our son’s old toys on the way to Goodwill).   The bug owner was very appreciative.   I’ve fixed other bugs as well and have always had the owners really appreciate the effort of restoring them.    That’s my experience, anyhow.   I would just do your best at trying to contact the tag owner, and if no response in a month or so, I’d say restore it and send it on it’s way!

      From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of A
      Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:36 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Travel bug etiquette question

      I recently found the tag for a travel bug on the ground near a cache. The item that had been attached was missing. There was no reply to the note I sent to the owner asking what to do with the tag. I considered attaching something similar and sending it out again, didnt want to just send the tag buy itself. What are your recommendations?
      Thanks,
      Amy GS589

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic