39858Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: West Texas Reviewer

  • Kevin (KoosKoos)
    Mar 7, 2012
      The problem is that Groundspeak doesn't take suggestions for new reviewers from the field.  The only time they add reviewers is when a current reviewer asks for more help or their general 3 day turnaround time for publishing is getting too long.

      Our reviewer has been able to stay on top of the queue for the most part and hasn't been asking for assistance, so we've had the single reviewer since our 2nd one resigned.

      I'd love to see several reviewers in Texas and hope this is the step toward that.  and not that Prime isn't just creating sock puppets to throw us all off. ;)

      Kevin
      KoosKoos

      On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM, semperquestio <sqcaching@...> wrote:

      Yeah, I first saw this suggestion come up several years ago in the wake of the 9key incident and the subsequent Great Texas Revolt.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

      > I made a suggestion to that effect probably about six months ago. Perhaps it
      > is actually happening, it is hard to tell since the suggestion mechanism has
      > been changed in the mean time.
      >
      > To me it just seems like it is asking a lot to ask one person to administer
      > all of Texas when a state the size of Rhode Island (1,045 square miles of
      > land area) has its own reviewer. Why is one person asked to review all of
      > the caches in Texas (268,820 square miles of land area)? Granted Texas is
      > not as densely populated in many areas as is Rhode Island, but you can put
      > 257.24 Rhode Islands in Texas, heck, can probably find some chunks land in
      > Texas the size of Rhode Island that don't have a cache in them. Even so with
      > only 3 or 4 reviewers for the entire state they are still going to have a
      > lot more work to do to keep up with the caches in their areas than the
      > reviewer in Rhode Island.
      >

      > --| Jay / Bing-GTX
      > |+| Georgetown, TX USA
      > |-- "What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for."
      >

      > _____

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic