39535Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Amateur astronomers needed

  • Victor Engel
    Jan 27, 2012
      If you want to see the ISS you can get viewing information for your location at http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/ or http://www.heavens-above.com/

      The latter will also show viewing times for many other objects.

      Victor

      On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM, softscienceofficer <edgeanderson@...> wrote:
      Thanks for all the info everyone! My first thought was Venus or Jupiter, but I had never seen either that bright before (and I've never seen the ISS, so I wouldn't know what that looked like anyway).

      Ed/SoftScience--means I do statistics not physics--Officer
      (with apologies to Tygress)

      > "Venus is fun to watch now because it's climbing higher in the western sky just after sunset. At some point it will attain it's highest (easternmost) position and then arc back toward the sun, evenutally to appear in the eastern sky, where only those people who get up early or stay up until ungodly hours see it." Which is why, in the morning, it's called Lucifer. BarbJ = quoting Fry then fly= Tygress

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)