37244Re: Anyone know where to find one of these containers?

  • chanceencounteraustin
    Jul 1, 2011
      The originals were called Witz cases, although other companies make generic versions now. I picked up several of them in various colors at the Academy on Brodie Lane just a few days ago. I've had some of these out in the wild for more than five years with nary a leak.

      The color doesn't really matter to me, as I typically wrap them in Realtree Mossy Oak camo tape -- the type made for guns and bows, with peel-off paper backing. This is also available at Academy, on the bow hunting aisle.

      I also sometimes spray the Witz cases with Krylon Fusion spray paint, which is designed for use on plastics; it forms a chemical bond with the plastic and becomes bombproof. This is available in various camo colors at most of the larger Wal-Marts, and at Lowe's and Home Depot. Highly recommended!
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic