36561a PSA (Public Service Announcement)

  • Bill Ellis
    Apr 29, 2011
      I had a realization while roadside caching that we should be very mindful of.

      If you are pulling off to the side of the road please be careful of stopping where the grass is perhaps taller than a foot or so.  Your catalytic converter or other very hot engine parts are very capable of igniting fires with the grasses that would be tall enough to come into contact with those engine parts. I'm sure we have all seen the devastation all the wildfires have created with the extremely dry conditions throughout Texas.  So I thought I would share this brief word of caution while you pull off the road to hunt. "Remember, Only You Can Prevent Fires!!" -Smoky Bear

      Happy Caching!

      Bill / ZionZR2
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic