36302Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Texas Challenge Rule Changes

  • Barbara
    Apr 5, 2011
      Nice ideas!

      Barbara ;)

      On Apr 5, 2011, at 6:23 AM, Bill Ellis <sille777@...> wrote:

      If you will permit a newbie with no challenge experience as of yet chime in with an idea.  As I have been reading over all these posts. I have an idea that may work.  So that the caches can still be logged durring a challenge.

      If the main geocaching website and Groundspeak could give a special icon for Temporary/Challenge caches then presumably that would still allow for those who participate to get not only smileys for the caches they find, but also allow for the .10 mile rule to be laxed since these caches are temporary and part if a special type of event.  It would also have a public/lasting record of how that individual did durring the event. It may cause newer cachers that browses the website to ask about how to get the special icon smileys added to their totals thereby creating more interest in attending events.

      Well It was just a thought I wanted to share.

      Thanks.

      Bill / ZionZR2

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic