36293Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Texas Challenge Rule Changes

  • Matthew Manning
    Apr 4, 2011

      I hardly knew anyone when I went to my first challenge.  Now I plan to attend every year, despite where it may be hosted.

      The problem with making them all loggable is that many people on the hide committee don't live close to the challenge either, and that makes them hard to maintain.

      It bothers me when people complain about them not being loggable.  You mean to tell me that the 4 hours of fun you have doing the challenge affects your overall impression of the weekend long events because you lose 4 hours of caching time?  I don't look forward to the challenge for the challenge

      On Apr 4, 2011 5:43 PM, "Nathaniel D" <grn.beret.2b@...> wrote:

      To add a bit of clarification, the various regions typically take turns hosting the Texas Challenge to allow it to move around the state to areas closer to home for the various regions.  In 2003, the first challenge was hosted by CenTex, NE of Temple.  In '04, SETX hosted it in huntsville.  In '05, NTX hosted it just south of Dallas.  In '06, CenTex hosted it at Inks Lake.  In '07, SETX hosted it a bit south of Houston (Brazos Bend SP).  In '08, NTX hosted it west of Fort Worth.  In '09, CenTex had it in Fredericksburg.  In '10, it was hosted by West Texas in San Angelo and in '11, it was hosted in Huntsville again.

      Doing a CentralTexas Challenge might be interesting, but I'm not sure who would be up for the planning since there's so much that goes into it.  (Julie, are you feeling particularly industrious this year?  :P)

      ~~Nathaniel
      Grn Beret 2B

      On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Elise Taylor <elise_t@...> wrote:

      > Fair warning: I'm speaking as someone who has never been to a Challenge.
      > That said, I'v...

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic