35884Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Lignumaqua Blows By 4000!

  • Jana Iannello
    Jan 30, 2011
      On 1/30/2011 11:03 AM, Esther Lopez wrote:

      WooHoo, Mike!  It has been an honor to do many of your fabulous and unusual caches!  Congrats!

      Howdy Mike!
      Congrats to you and all the others who hit milestones yesterday. I imagine this site will get a lot of announcements just like this. Yours just happened to be the first.
      Hey! You were FTM[ilestone]!

      From: lignumaqua <geocaching@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, January 30, 2011 10:19:10 AM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Lignumaqua Blows By 4000!

      Not really fair to single me out as *lots* of people got Milestones yesterday - that's what Julie and Roger's event was all about! :-)

      My fault too for leaving myself 80 finds short on the day of the event. Nothing like a little procrastination to heighten the excitement...

      We wouldn't have managed to get anywhere near so many without caching as a team - caching together we had thenkengrene (designated driver after his recent knee surgery) and two of the Spork4 family. We also found a lot of them caching with Backwards Charlie and a new cacher, tfbrown, so we had six pairs of eyes! They all got great Milestones for the day too.

      It's surprisingly hard work, even with park and grabs. Assuming average distance to cache from car was 100ft then we still walked 114 x 200 ft = 4.32 miles! That plus unfastening/fastening the seat belt and opening/closing the car door 114 times makes for a good work out!

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:
      > Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!
      > Brent
      > (BandaA)

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic