      From: "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Lignumaqua Blows By 4000!
      Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:19:10 -0000

      Not really fair to single me out as *lots* of people got Milestones yesterday - that's what Julie and Roger's event was all about! :-)

      My fault too for leaving myself 80 finds short on the day of the event. Nothing like a little procrastination to heighten the excitement...

      We wouldn't have managed to get anywhere near so many without caching as a team - caching together we had thenkengrene (designated driver after his recent knee surgery) and two of the Spork4 family. We also found a lot of them caching with Backwards Charlie and a new cacher, tfbrown, so we had six pairs of eyes! They all got great Milestones for the day too.

      It's surprisingly hard work, even with park and grabs. Assuming average distance to cache from car was 100ft then we still walked 114 x 200 ft = 4.32 miles! That plus unfastening/fastening the seat belt and opening/closing the car door 114 times makes for a good work out!

      Mike

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

      > Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!
      >
      > Brent
      >
      > (BandaA)

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

      $65/Hr Job - 25 Openings
      Part-Time job ($20-$65/hr). Requirements: Home Internet Access
      Channel11NewsReport.com
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic