35670Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: iPod Touch - available geocaching apps

  • Denise Vajdak
    Jan 2, 2011

      My son got the iPod touch for Christmas and we installed the Geocaching.com app and it works well. I got a MiFi spot and carry it with us so he can do the apparently (and check in all over the place on Gowalla).  Have not done the geosphere since he only gas the basic membership.

      Denise E. Vajdak
      http://denisevajdak.us
      Sent from my Droid

      On Jan 2, 2011 7:35 AM, "penguin5374" <bewareofpenguin@...> wrote:
      > Although there are others, the most popular geocaching apps for the iPod
      > Touch are the Geocaching.com app and Geosphere. I currently have both
      > on my iPT, but I use Geosphere the majority of the time. Both apps are
      > great if you want to go paperless, but don't have a GPSr that supports
      > this. Both will allow you to download pocket queries and view full
      > cache page listings with log entries. Geosphere will allow you to make
      > field notes and upload to the geocaching website when you're within a
      > wifi hotspot. Both apps will allow you to actually navigate to a cache,
      > though this feature is really geared toward iPhone users since the Touch
      > won't navigate without a wifi signal. Both apps are good quality and
      > worth the price, in my humble opinion.
      >
      > Mark
      > (BewareOfPenguin)
      >

      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "JacqueA"
      > <jsaustin54@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hey Cachers!
      >> Does anyone have experience with iPOD Touch apps? I checked the
      > geocaching.com website and the app discussed there is specifically for
      > the iPOD phone.
      >>
      >> Would appreciate your input? Santa might need to know.
      >> Jacque/Mandowoman

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic