35669Re: iPod Touch - available geocaching apps

  • penguin5374
    Jan 2, 2011
      Although there are others, the most popular geocaching apps for the iPod Touch are the Geocaching.com app and Geosphere.  I currently have both on my iPT, but I use Geosphere the majority of the time.  Both apps are great if you want to go paperless, but don't have a GPSr that supports this.  Both will allow you to download pocket queries and view full cache page listings with log entries.  Geosphere will allow you to make field notes and upload to the geocaching website when you're within a wifi hotspot.  Both apps will allow you to actually navigate to a cache, though this feature is really geared toward iPhone users since the Touch won't navigate without a wifi signal.  Both apps are good quality and worth the price, in my humble opinion.

      Mark
      (BewareOfPenguin)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "JacqueA" <jsaustin54@...> wrote:

      > Hey Cachers!
      > Does anyone have experience with iPOD Touch apps? I checked the geocaching.com website and the app discussed there is specifically for the iPOD phone.
      >
      > Would appreciate your input? Santa might need to know.
      > Jacque/Mandowoman

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic