      From: Jana Iannello
      Sent: Dec 3, 2010 10:07 AM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Groundspeak Souvenirs

      On 12/3/2010 10:05 AM, semperquestio wrote:

      what do you suppose that means that they are 'bound by time'  ?

      The first state they did was Delaware and I received that souvenir which I thought was odd since I've never been there. But then I realized I had done a locationless cache that was based there. OK. Cool.

      I have since gone back and checked and found that of the 11 states have been awarded I have physically cached in 1 of them. I have done locationless caches based in 4 of them, including Pennsylvania, the 2nd State souvenir awarded. Delaware is the only state in which a locationless I have found is based for which I have received a souvenir.

      I can only assume, then, that after the 1st State souvenir they have stopped awarding them for finds of the now-defunct locationless caches.

      SQ/HW

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

      > I did some poking around at Groundspeak and on the forums and found this
      > information:
      >
      > The Knowledge books states that they are being rolled out slowly:
      > http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=272
      >
      > In the forums is a thread with a post (#10) giving the order that the US
      > State souvenirs have been/will be released,
      > http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=264229
      > <http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=264229&hl=Souvenirs>
      > &hl=Souvenirs. Texas is #28 on the list. New York is #11; it appears to be
      > the latest one released since #12 is North Carolina, which I have not yet
      > received and I have cached there.
      >
      > No mention is made of the rational for release of the souvenirs for other
      > countries that are listed in the post pointed to in the original message.
      >

      > +-+ Jay - BingOGT
      > |+| Georgetown, TX USA
      > +-+ "What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for."
      >
      > _____

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic