35438Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Groundspeak Souvenirs

  • Jana Iannello
    Dec 3, 2010
      On 12/3/2010 10:21 AM, Mrs. Captain Picard wrote:

      I would guess it's just another 'collecting' game, like who has the most icons, who has the most souvenirs, who has the most caches, who has the most counties,  who has the most friends on Facebook..........:-)      so the person to try to keep up with, if you want to play the souvenir game, is probably Jeremy, who will know in advance which events or places will receive them..........
      there probably is no 'then what'..................

      Jana

      You know, I used to be interested in the unique geocoin icons, but after a while I got so many that I couldn't figure out if I had an icon or not and it took so long to scroll up and down.  I just lost interest.  Is there anything about the souvenir that is going to be different?  I can imagine getting one for every state, but then are they going to be in alphabetical order or in order that you found those states or any other order that matters?    Is there going to be a function for them or is this another "Friends" deal where you gather friends, but then what.....?

      I hate to be a pessimist, so someone show me the light!

      On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

      I did some poking around at Groundspeak and on the forums and found this information:

      The Knowledge books states that they are being rolled out slowly: http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=272

      In the forums is a thread with a post (#10) giving the order that  US State souvenirs have been/will be released, http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=264229&hl=Souvenirs. Texas is #28 on the list. New York is #11; it appears to be the latest one released since #12 is North Carolina, which I have not yet received and I have cached there.

      No mention is made of the rational for release of the souvenirs for other countries that are listed in the post pointed to in the original message.

      +-+ Jay - BingOGT