35435Re: Groundspeak Souvenirs

  • semperquestio
    Dec 3, 2010
      Oh! That! OK.

      I'm pretty sure that refers to some souvenirs only being available for a certain period of time. For instance, all the 10/10/10 souvenirs were only available to those how found a cache or attended an event on that date. Same for the 7/4/10 event in Seattle and whatever other events or special occasions Groundspeak wants to award souvenirs for.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Jana Iannello <cybercat@...> wrote:

      > On 12/3/2010 10:12 AM, semperquestio wrote
      >

      > Souvenirs are virtual pieces of art that you can discover and display on
      > your profile page. They are associated with a particular location and
      > may also be bound by time.
      >
      > That was on the email from Groundspeak. Not sure what they mean by
      > 'bound by time'......... I didn't even realize they had excluded
      > locationless.
      >

      > > I'm not really sure what you are asking, but I assume the exclusion of
      > > the locationless caches was done for two reasons.
      > >
      > > First, the idea of souvenirs (as I understand it) is to make an award
      > > for somewhere you've been. Locationless caches don't fit this bill, so
      > > they were excluded.
      > >
      > > Second, eliminating locationless caches also reduces the server
      > > workload and run time of the retroactive awarding process.
      > >
      > > SQ/HW
      > >
      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Jana Iannello
      > > <cybercat@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > On 12/3/2010 10:05 AM, semperquestio wrote:
      > > >
      > > > what do you suppose that means that they are 'bound by time' ?

      > > Cool.

      > > souvenir.

      > > caches.

      > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

      > > found this

      > > <http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=272>
      > > <http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=272>>

      > > that the US
      > > > > >

      > > <http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=264229&hl=Souvenirs
      > > <http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=264229&hl=Souvenirs>
      > >

      > > <http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=264229&hl=Souvenirs
      > > <http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=264229&hl=Souvenirs>>>
      > > appears

      > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic