34928Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: 10th Anniversary Event - FYI/Action items/Questions

  • Holly Cooper
    Oct 6, 2010
      I lurk mostly on this list and this topic, as my time to devote to helping out this project is limited, but I'm really excited about this event.  You can consider Mary Moore Searight Park in south Austin off of Slaughter, just a litte west of I-35.  It is really large and feels very remote.  Unfortunately there is not an abundance of parking.  There is a (privately owned, I think) space next to it that is used by a club of radio controlled airplane devotees.  They have unpaved parking there.  I have no idea how many people we're talking about, but if State Parks are an option, Bastrop is large, has lots of camping and there are hotels nearby.  And lots of caches.

      Holly/Earthenborn

      On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:43 AM, semperquestio <sqcaching@...> wrote:

      If you're looking for a park setting (and not accounting for parking, fees, facilities, etc.) how about....

      Old Settlers Park, Round Rock
      Berry Springs Park, Georgetown
      Northeast Metro Park, Pflugerville
      Walter Long Metro Park, NE Austin
      East Metro County Park (off Blake Manor east of Travis Cty Expo)
      McKinney Falls State Park
      Circle C Ranch Metro Park
      Emma Long
      Southeast Metro Park