      From: "gumbietygress@..." <gumbietygress@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, March 2, 2010 11:03:18 AM
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Window Cling Travel Bugs Confusion

      But I'd likely honk and wave!

      BarbJ/Tygress

      ---------- Original Message ----------
      From: "Vicki L. Almstrum" <almstrum@gmail. com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:49:35 -0600

      It can be a slow process -- we have had Fiedo's Odyssey up for several weeks and no finds yet! Part of the problem for us is that the bug is just too subtle -- black on grey-tinted window.

      -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)

      On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:40 AM, kiweone <kmcguire@visualmoxi e.com> wrote:

      Thanks so much everyone - I now fully understand and now the challenge is on to find my "The Sentra Bug" and "The Vigor Bug" driving around North Austin. Mostly in Cedar Park! Lets see who can spot one first!

      Thanks Again
      Kiwe

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "tnk120499" <tnk120499@.. .> wrote:

      > After I received all of my different types of TBs, I put them where they are meant to be (Windows, Trucks, T-Shirts, etc...) then I take the tags and put them on my key chain. It works well enough for me. you can do pretty much whatever you would like with them. Just don't try and put your window in a cache. It might break.
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "gumbietygress@ " <gumbietygress@> wrote:
      > >

      > > When you order dog-tags, you usually get two -- one with 'copy' on it...
      > > Usually that serves as a back-up, so when #1 goes missing, as happens too often, you can send out #2. You don't really want both out at the same time, because it confuses accounting -- how can the same 'bug' be in two places?
      > > Once you purchase and activate a tb or coin, that number is YOURS. So if it does go missing, you can send out something else with that number (there's a company that's in the process of making proxy coins, which will be engraved with the numbers you choose), and the bug lives on. Some people even delete all the logs, so the mileage starts back at zero -- if you care about those statistics.
      > > I don't know if that's purely copacetic behavior, but being that I was given the duplicate tags by Groundspeak with my first set of trackable tags, THEY set the precedence.
      > > I also keep a record of all my bug #s, so if they do go missing, I have more than a physical tag as record. The trick is, of course, if you send out a proxy item, that cachers RECOGNIZE that is a trackable. I've had a couple failures in that regard. But all I was out was paper and lamination. So no tears.
      > >
      > > In your case, with the cling, what many do is put the dog-tag on their key ring, so folks at the event can write down the number without going into parking lot.
      > >
      > > Oh, you're not being obtuse, it's simply that the rules are so darn flexible that they don't give a whole lot of feedback to the touch (typing metaphorically here).
      > > Hope that's helped, not confused further.
      > >
      > > Tygress/BarbJ

      Small Business Tools
      Compete with the big boys. Click here to find products to benefit your business.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic