      From: emmy_n_sapphie <emmy_n_sapphie@...>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] TxGCC Challenge - we finished!
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 2, 2009, 5:07 PM

      We found McKinney Falls SP at 3:45pm today to officially finish the TxGCC! We found our first one (Washington on the Brazos) at 8:09am yesterady, so all total 31 hours and 36 minutes elasped between the first and last cache. We did them all during the daylight when the parks were officially open and we were home last night in time to watch The Amazing Race at 7pm, and we are home othis afternoon in time for me to leave for work in about 2 minutes. Still totally up the milage, but I think it will be around 700 miles. Definitely not an eco-friendly challenge but tons of fun.

      We had a blast. Surprisingly to some of you, Pat has a real competetive side. Once she heard about the challenge a week ago Sat, she started planning our strategy. The scenery in East Texas was beautiful, we stopped along the way to learning some interesting facts about the parks and take some great pictures - even did a little (very little) bit of birdwatching. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the last two days - no sense of rush or panic, just a lot of fun. I totally recommend the Challange - they did a great job setting it up, tthought the terrain ratings for the most part have no basis in reality. Some of the hardest terrains were listed as 1.5's and Huntsville was listed as a 3, and it was one of the easiest.

      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-sapphie)

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic