29159Re: DeLorme PN-40 on sale

  • Brent
    May 1, 2009
      It's great for geocaching! No more need for printouts, pda, etc. All the cache page info is right there on your screen. It also makes it very easy to log your caches, as you can upload the "fieldnotes" automatically on GC.com.

      Here is a link to some screenshots. The text is a bit out of date, as the "send to gps" functionality is already there, but the photos show you what's available on the unit.

      http://blog.delorme.com/2009/01/31/paperless-caching-update/

      Brent

      PS. Don't forget that there are USGS topo maps and Hi-Res aerial photo maps available for it to! That's another awesome feature of this gps.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Frankie" <ravensb@...> wrote:

      > Was curious how you liked this unit for caching. Considering the paperless part of it and all. I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60 series model and it is good if you don't need the notes. :)
      >
      > s0me0ne - Steve
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Maria \"theJump\"" <thejump@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Interested in whether anybody other than me has one of these lovely units
      > >
      > > -Maria / TheJump
      > >
      > > On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Brent <banda@> wrote:

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic