      From: SoaringEagle <arnaud@...>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: 2008 Centex Award Nominees!!
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 8:59 AM

      A quick answer for those that don't see the cache that they nominated on the list. I received many nominations for each category. But as the rules says, we only keep the top 4 for the voting round.

      So to give you an example, for Best Traditional Cache, I received nominations for 21 different caches. Only the top 4 were selected. This means that 17 caches received votes but are not on the list. In order to make it to the top 4 for this category, a cache needed at least 3 votes. 5 was the highest number of votes received in this category.

      So in conclusion, there are more caches that received votes and were NOT selected than caches that were selected.

      Here is the URL again without the dot at the end.
      http://tinyurl. com/cnj7kg

      Cache on.

      Arnaud.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "redfood737" <bernsa@...> wrote:

      > Ditto - I had 2 other caches nominated (beyond Carniverous Slobbius - well guess what looks like a crowd pleaser!)
      >
      > But the 2 others weren't on the list
      >
      > bernsa

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic