      From: Barbara Dukette <bjdukette@...>
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Garmin 60CSx question
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 8:44 PM

      Were you staggering?

      --- On Sun, 8/10/08, emmy_n_sapphie <emmy_n_sapphie@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      From: emmy_n_sapphie <emmy_n_sapphie@ yahoo.com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 3:53 PM

      In preparation for the 10K Nike Human Race that will be held at the end
      of August, Pat & I walked the whole course this morning. I carried my
      Garmin 60CSx the whole way and we followed the publish course exactly.
      At the end of the supposedly 6.2 mile course, my mileage on the GPS was
      6.59 miles. Presumably the course is really 6.2 miles since it's a
      certified course. So what would cause my GPS unit to be off by 0.4
      miles? I can see it being off by 0.1 miles because of accuracy issues,
      but 0.4 miles seems like a lot of error. I had good satellite reception
      the whole time. Any thoughts?
      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-sapphie)

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic