26745Re: So long ... farewell ...

  • mda_taz
    Aug 3, 2008
      We sure have enjoyed several of your cache hides and visiting with
      you at many events. You have added insight and help to many topics
      on the forum. We will miss y'all here in Austin. Good luck on your
      family's new adventures and building a future together. Enjoy life
      and have fun. Remember to stop and smell the roses along the way.
      Oh yeah, find some caches too.

      mda_taz and Semik
      Matthew & Audra

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"
      <nick@...> wrote:
      > CenTex'ers --
      > In the near future, I will be relocating to New Haven, Connecticut
      > take advantage of generous job offer. Both Wendy and I, along with
      > 16-month old Noah, will be departing from the area during the third
      > week of August. Its going to be a trip! Word is the CT community
      > dislikes PAGs, loves hikers, and even goes strong throughout those
      > crazy winter months (snowshoes, anyone?!).
      > Its been really fun living in the Austin-area. Like many, I came
      > from places abroad (if you want to call Victoria, Texas _abroad_) to
      > pursue my university degree at eighteen years of age. Once here,
      > many, I just simply stayed out of love of the area's amenities
      > (schools, job market, culture, people). The Austin-area is a great
      > place, and my foray into geocaching (Feb 2005? sheesh.) further
      > cemented my connection to this greatness. The Texas Hill Country
      > a beauty which I overlooked before being led to explore our area
      > trails, GPS in-hand. Thanks to all those who helped stash along
      > really memorable places. Moreover, thanks to the generous
      > community. There is a real circle of friends here, although I find
      > this term somewhat misleading in that _all_ those who partake in the
      > hobby are graciously invited to be a part of this circle of friends
      > whether they have 10 finds or 10,000 finds.
      > So does anybody want to adopt some caches? :) I have created a list
      > of all my active caches and put them into a spreadsheet on Google
      > Docs. The following URL will allow unauthenticated users to edit
      > document: <http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?
      > Column A lists the cache name, column B lists the GC ID (which also
      > links to the cache page if you select and click the icon), and
      > C lists the relative location of the container. So, please fill in
      > the D (or E if you want to be a backup adopter should the
      > First-To-Adopt fall through) columns if you have an interest in
      > adopting these caches. Then we can work out adoption details.
      > Oh, and buy my house too ... ;)
      > Happy trails.
      > --
      > Nick