26719Re: So long ... farewell ...
- Aug 2 7:35 AMI grew up in rural New York state and lived in Massachusetts for 10
years before becoming a Texan in 1995. The Mexican and BBQ in the
Northeast is lacking, but the Italian and especially the seafood is
MUCH better up there.
I can state with some authority that:
- The best Mexican food in New England is at Taco Bell.
- The best New England style clam chowder in Texas is Campbell's
There are pluses and minuses to everywhere you go. Enjoy the pluses
while you're there. The next place you go may not have them. I
hesitate to mention snow. That by itself has pluses and minuses. I
really miss being able to drive (only) an hour or so to go skiing.
- Dan Miner (WhiteShark - an inactive cacher)
--- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Dick Young <rtyoungster@...> wrote:
> > Do they have BBQ in Connecticut?
> Apparently not. Nor can one find cumin/comino or chili powder on
> store shelves. Dont know about tortillas. :/
> But I hear they have Italian dishes and pizza to die for in New
> Haven-proper. :)
> filler & bcat
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>