      From: Nick Silkey
      Sent: Jul 31, 2008 10:40 PM
      To: centraltexasgeocachers
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] So long ... farewell ...

      CenTex'ers --

      In the near future, I will be relocating to New Haven, Connecticut to
      take advantage of generous job offer. Both Wendy and I, along with
      16-month old Noah, will be departing from the area during the third
      week of August. Its going to be a trip! Word is the CT community
      dislikes PAGs, loves hikers, and even goes strong throughout those
      crazy winter months (snowshoes, anyone?!).

      Its been really fun living in the Austin-area. Like many, I came here
      from places abroad (if you want to call Victoria, Texas _abroad_) to
      pursue my university degree at eighteen years of age. Once here, like
      many, I just simply stayed out of love of the area's amenities
      (schools, job market, culture, people). The Austin-area is a great
      place, and my foray into geocaching (Feb 2005? sheesh.) further
      cemented my connection to this greatness. The Texas Hill Country has
      a beauty which I overlooked before being led to explore our area
      trails, GPS in-hand. Thanks to all those who helped stash along some
      really memorable places. Moreover, thanks to the generous geocaching
      community. There is a real circle of friends here, although I find
      this term somewhat misleading in that _all_ those who partake in the
      hobby are graciously invited to be a part of this circle of friends
      whether they have 10 finds or 10,000 finds.

      So does anybody want to adopt some caches? :) I have created a list
      of all my active caches and put them into a spreadsheet on Google
      Docs. The following URL will allow unauthenticated users to edit the
      document: <http://spreadsheets .google.com/ ccc?key=pjejAvWL j3TJkrQukxXrCaQ& hl=en>
      Column A lists the cache name, column B lists the GC ID (which also
      links to the cache page if you select and click the icon), and Column
      C lists the relative location of the container. So, please fill in
      the D (or E if you want to be a backup adopter should the
      First-To-Adopt fall through) columns if you have an interest in
      adopting these caches. Then we can work out adoption details.

      Oh, and buy my house too ... ;)

      Happy trails.

      --
      Nick