      From: Will <subhumank3@...>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: counties in GSAK, a little question
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 4:52 PM

      All right, I use Garmin's Metroguide to manage my caches and my wife
      uses City Navigator for hers. What's the benefit of using GSAK? I
      heard a lot of people praising GSAK, but I haven't heard any
      specifics. Also, I learned more about Garmin's software from my job,
      so it's one of those "go with what you know" things. Can you guys
      (and gals) enlighten me?

      --Will "mongoosehide"

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "mda_taz"
      <matthewa@.. .> wrote:

      > I ran this macro and it changed several of my counties. It now
      says
      > that I am missing several in West Texas. I know for sure the
      caches
      > I found were well inside those county boundaries.
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Richard"
      > <rgbryan666@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > Well, the reason I asked is that I downloaded the county mapping
      > macro
      > > from the GSAK forum and that map shows I have a cache in La Salle
      > > county. I don't. And, when you look at Userdata2, there is no
      > > occurrence of La Salle county....
      > >

      > > - In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Dick Young"
      > > <rtyoungster@ > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Richard,
      > > > When I chased the Challenge I kept a bookmark list of found
      > counties
      > > > marking my favorite cache or in most cases only cache found in
      > > > county. That was easier to keep up with if I listed the County
      > first
      > > > then the cache name thus creating an alpha order of found
      > counties.
      > > > You can set a PQ for your finds and update your personal
      records
      > using
      > > > the PQ. I am visual oriented so I also kept a map of finds.
      > When I
      > > > had an assignment to a far corner of the Great State I could
      > arrange
      > > > my travel through the unfound areas.
      > > >
      > > > As mentioned above I used Alan's GSAK macro for sorting and
      > routing.
      > > > It worked for me. Some of the others have used Google Maps.
      > That did
      > > > not work so well for me.
      > > >
      > > > When you finish, the Challenge requires that you send a PQ file
      of
      > > > your finds for verification purposes, you might as well start
      now.

      > > > If you have further questions regarding that process or if any
      of
      > the
      > > > finishers can assist you shout out.
      > > >
      > > > Cache and Travel On there are miles and miles of Texas to see.
      > > > Good hunting,
      > > > Blizzard,
      > > > AKA Dick Young
      > > >

      > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Richard"

      > <geocaching@ >

      > and
      > 7.2.3 and
      > > > > >
      > > http://gsak. net/board/ index.php?
      > showtopic=8565& view=findpost& p=53803 )

      > the Tiger
      > > extraction.. . :-)
      > just a few
      > as it