26686Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: counties in GSAK

    Jul 30, 2008
      Darn fingers... they just type in what THEY want sometimes.

      On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:22:33 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
      <centexgeocaching@...> writes:
      > It's possible that the guy who created the mapping coordinate macro
      > fat-fingered a county coordinates. He's kinda sloppy that way.
      > (well,
      > that and there were 3700+ of them)
      >
      > I'll check for some mixed up coordinates and let you know if that's
      > the problem or if there's something else going on to check.
      >
      > Kevin
      > KoosKoos
      >

      > On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Richard <rgbryan666@...>
      > wrote:
      > > Well, the reason I asked is that I downloaded the county mapping
      > macro
      > > from the GSAK forum and that map shows I have a cache in La Salle
      > > county. I don't. And, when you look at Userdata2, there is no
      > > occurrence of La Salle county....
      > >
      > > - In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Young"
      > > <rtyoungster@...> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Richard,
      > >> When I chased the Challenge I kept a bookmark list of found
      > counties
      > >> marking my favorite cache or in most cases only cache found in a
      > >> county. That was easier to keep up with if I listed the County
      > first
      > >> then the cache name thus creating an alpha order of found
      > counties.
      > >> You can set a PQ for your finds and update your personal records
      > using
      > >> the PQ. I am visual oriented so I also kept a map of finds. When
      > >> had an assignment to a far corner of the Great State I could
      > arrange
      > >> my travel through the unfound areas.
      > >>
      > >> As mentioned above I used Alan's GSAK macro for sorting and
      > routing.
      > >> It worked for me. Some of the others have used Google Maps. That
      > did
      > >> not work so well for me.
      > >>
      > >> When you finish, the Challenge requires that you send a PQ file
      > of
      > >> your finds for verification purposes, you might as well start
      > now.
      > >>
      > >> If you have further questions regarding that process or if any of
      > the
      > >> finishers can assist you shout out.
      > >>
      > >> Cache and Travel On there are miles and miles of Texas to see.
      > >> Good hunting,
      > >> Blizzard,
      > >> AKA Dick Young
      > >>

      > >> --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard"

      > <geocaching@>

      > in?

      > and
      > 7.2.3 and
      > >> > >

      > http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=8565&view=findpost&p=53803
      > )

      > the Tiger
      > > extraction... :-)
      > just a few
      > as it

      > very
      > you
      > > which
      > in
> [...]

      Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mItjdPc20U3EYISU7gZF6jv647CA1QtrFdl4XlGpNcXfyeG/
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic