      From: Richard <rgbryan666@...>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: counties in GSAK
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 2:13 PM

      Well, the reason I asked is that I downloaded the county mapping macro
      from the GSAK forum and that map shows I have a cache in La Salle
      county. I don't. And, when you look at Userdata2, there is no
      occurrence of La Salle county....

      - In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Dick Young"

      http://gsak. net/board/ index.php? showtopic= 8565&view= findpost& p=53803 )

      > > > The county data GSAK uses was painstakingly extracted from the Tiger
      > > > 2007 files (can you tell that it was me that did the
      extraction.. . :-)
      > > > ) and seems to be pretty accurate. It's also VERY quick - just a few
      > > > seconds for thousands of caches. (Takes longer the first time as it
      > > > downloads the data files for you)
      > > >
      > > > I put together a 'County Challenge' tester macro which will very
      > > > quickly allow you to get the County data and will also tell you
      which
      > > > counties you have finds in and which you don't for any State in
      > the USA.
      > > >
      > > > Macro is available here:
      > > > http://gsak. net/board/ index.php? showtopic= 8588&view= findpost& p=53999
      > > >
      > > > All this builds on the great Macro that Alan wrote some time ago for
      > > > Blizzard to check when he'd found the last Texas County!
      > > >
      > > > Mike
      > > > (Lignumaqua)

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic