26501Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: counties in GSAK

  • Kevin (KoosKoos)
    Jul 6, 2008
      And with many thanks to Mike, the next evolution of the County Challenge is out.  I always loved watching my map fill in (albeit VERY slowly) and I liked using www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com.  With their latest outage and the posts here, I looked at the GSAK macro avenue again....Mike's stats program is FANTASTIC, but I couldn't get the Texas county maps out of it.

      Now there's a macro that you can use to create a Texas or any other state map with your completed counties filled in.

      Just download it here: http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=8842

      and it's a quick and easy run from there.  Pick your state, "Map it" and then paste the resulting code to your gc.com profile or just view the pretty map that it outputs.

      Enjoy!

      Kevin
      KoosKoos

      On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Dick Young <rtyoungster@...> wrote:

      Yep! One night I told Alan I was going through each cache in a PQ to
      determine in which county it resided. After he stopped laughing at my
      low tech method he said he would get back to me. He did. The County
      Macro saved me hours of work and helped accomplish the goal..The Texas
      County Challenge. Thanks Alan and thanks to Mike for helping all
      those other Challenge seekers...Cache on,
      Blizzard
      AKA
      Dick Young

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "thediver78613"

      <alan@...> wrote:

      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" wrote:
      > >
      > > All this builds on the great Macro that Alan wrote some time ago for
      > > Blizzard to check when he'd found the last Texas County!
      > >

      > Thanks Mike!
      >
      > FYI.....
      >
      > Macro County.txt (aka version 1.x) was fun to write but a pain to
      > setup. Like Mike said, I wrote it for Blizzard when he was doing the
      > challenge. I didn't think it would get much play when I released it
      > into the wild but I've talked to quite a few people who use it. It
      > served a purpose and it's usefulness has come to an end. Macro
      > County.gsk (aka version 2.x) was a modification to County.txt written
      > by Bryan.
      >
      > And now!!! I present to you, the latest, the GREATEST version of the
      > County macro line!!! You need to have the lasted version of GSAK with
      > all the patches. No need to download the macro, just copy and paste.
      > HERE it is!!!!:
      >
      > #*******************************************
      > # MacVersion = 3.0
      > # MacDescription = Updates "User Data 2" with the county name for each
      > Waypoint.
      > # MacAuthor = Alan Curry
      > # MacFileName = CountyV3.gsk
      > # MacUrl =
      >
      > $Cupdated = GetCountry("cb")
      > $Supdated = GetState("sb")
      > $updated = GetCounty("2b")
      >

      > :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Yes, three lines of actual code!!!! If you truly
      > want to mimic the County.txt macro, remove the GetCountry and GetState
      > lines. Then you just have one line of code!!!! It's been fun.
      >
      > Alan

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic