      From: Julie Perrine <mrscaptainpicard@...>
      Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] cache type on your Garmin gps
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 11:27 PM

      Hi Drew,

      I think what they’re saying is that they use GSAK to transfer the data with the various icons, which is different than overwriting icons in your GPS with something new.

      I could be wrong!

      From: Nick Silkey <nsilkey@gmail. com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 11:20 AM

      I remember this being possible using something like the Garmin
      POILoader function to push these to my 60CS. I ended up scrapping
      that approach in-favor of a customized waypoint name, with tidbits
      like drop2, type, size, diff, terr, and the smart name in the
      description. Worked great since I believe the character limit on
      waypoint names on the 60CS was 12 characters. I preferred that to the
      hacking you had to do then to make the custom icons work.

      Things may have changed a lot since the evolution of GSAK macros,
      version 7, and the like.

      My $0.02.