26394Re: counties in GSAK

  • mda_taz
    Jun 20, 2008
      You need to read the top portion of the County macro that explains
      where to download the county polygon data. For your convienence, I
      have uploaded a ZIP file of the Counties Polygon directory that you
      can unzip onto your PC.
      # Setup Instructions
      # --------------------------------------------------------------------
      ------------------------
      # GSAK Macro, County.Txt, requires a little more than tossing it into
      the macro directory to
      # setup. It requires doing that but also downloading the gpsbabel-arc-
      counties.zip and
      # setting up the directory structure.
      #
      # The first thing that needs to be done is to toss (copy) this macro
      into the GSAK Macro
      # directory which is normally located in the GSAK directory. If you
      took the default directory
      # when installing GSAK, then the directory will be C:\Program
      Files\GSAK\Macros. You may use
      # any other directory that you wish if you so choose to.
      #
      qualified name of
      # the directory where the county polygon files will be stored. The
      directory name must not
      # contain spaces. Why? I didn't feel like coding for spaces unless I
      needed to. Here is the
      # variable to update:
      #
      #$starttime=Time()
      #$gPolygonDir = $_Install + "\Counties\"
      #
      $gPolygonDir = "C:\Counties"

      mda_taz Matthew

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
      <bewareofpenguin@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I know my way around
      > GSAK fairly well. I've downloaded and used a few of the other
      > available macros with success, but this particular one has me
      stumped.

      > I downloaded and installed the county macro. I have the "user data
      2"
      > column visible. I run the macro and I get the "Thanks for all the
      > fish" message. But nothing appears in the column where the county
      > names are supposed to go. I'm sure I've got something configured
      > incorrectly, but I'm at a loss.
      >
      > Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Mark
      > (BoP)
      >

      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dukette
      > <bjdukette@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've downloaded that file and then activated it (or whatever you
      > call it) but it only adds a column to my GSAK.
      > >
      > > HOW do you get it to interpret your county finds? Or is that a
      from
      > this point forward only macro?
      > >
      > > My basic question is: how can I get the darn thing to work??????
      > Help me, please!
      > >
      > > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic