      From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Candy Lind
      Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 1:28 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Suggestions for placing caches "elsewhere" in the world?

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Vicki L. Almstrum"
      <almstrum@.. .> wrote:

      > Next week, I am bound for India
      for the first time ...
      > ... My schedule is busy ...
      > ... Do any of you have tips about the style of cache containers and
      hides that seem best for these types of locations? I am guessing that
      bison tubes or decon containers may be the best choices ...

      Vicki, I think you are right to stick to small and virtually water and
      critter-proof. You might even want to invest in a couple of small
      lock-n-locks or a "real" dry box like you carry in a canoe or kayak,
      in case you have to worry about monsoon rains. Plastic might still be
      susceptible to critters, but sometimes you have to take your chances.
      Tie it down if you can. If a colleague is willing to do the
      maintenance, you might want to provide him/her with at least one extra
      container and logs/pencils/ pens to make it easy on them.

      Good luck on making some small part of India a little richer in cache!

      Happy Trails,
      Candy

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic