25632Suggestions for placing caches "elsewhere" in the world?

  • Vicki L. Almstrum
    Apr 14, 2008
      Next week, I am bound for India for the first time. My trip will take
      me to the far SW coast and there is only one cache listed anywhere
      near my destinations (Coimbatore, Cochin (or Kochi), and Amritapuri).
      My schedule is busy, so I may not even have the opportunity to visit
      that one cache, which is located along the coast north of Cochin.

      Given my geocaching mindset and inspired by the Machu Picchu story,
      my thoughts turn to the possibility of hiding some caches while over
      there. I have contacts at the university campuses I will be visiting,
      so believe I would be able to arrange for local caretakers. The
      trickiest aspect is that the scouting for placement possibilities has
      to coincide pretty much with the placement itself.

      Do any of you have tips about the style of cache containers and hides
      that seem best for these types of locations? I am guessing that bison
      tubes or decon containers may be the best choices.

      Thanks for any ideas you can pass along!!

      -- Vicki / FG2 in FiedoGang
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic