25631Re: Surreal

  • A Allen (SEMIK)
    Apr 14 7:25 AM
      I for one want to see your photos!! Just know that I'll be snooping
      through your elogs for the Galapagos Islands -- I've got a way
      distant goal to get there someday...

      totally envious,
      semik/Audra

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
      <geocaching@...> wrote:

      > Just got home late last night, will log this some time today. LOT'S
      of
      > emails to catch up with first...
      >
      > It was the most magnificent location for a cache you can possibly
      > imagine and it was stunning to find that empty log book! :-)
      >
      > As MB said it was totally surreal to be looking for a cache at Machu
      > Picchu that had been hidden by a friend in Austin. Our guide got
      very
      > excited about it too.
      >
      > Great cache Barbara!
      >
      > We didn't cache too much - just three caches in Peru and a couple in
      > Ecuador and the Galapagos - just enough to log one in each place.
      The
      > virtual cache on the equator was very interesting as it turned out
      > that not only the official monument (which is known to be in the
      wrong
      > spot) but also the new museum supposedly built on the equator were
      > both more than 100m off. Our Ecuador guide was really interested in
      > that so we went off and marked the real equator so he would know
      where
      > it was. Turned out to be in the road outside the front of the
      museum.

      > Our driver sat in the van and laughed at the 'loco' tourists and the
      > guide trying to get a photo of a GPS with all zeroes in the rain in
      > the middle of a busy highway. Yikes! We got the photo though! :-)
      >
      > Mike
      >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Barbara
      > Dukette
      > > Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:55 AM
      > > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Surreal
      > >

      > > I'm still waiting for him to log the find! BUT, he did go visit
      the
      > moutain
      > > TWICE to find it! Maybe emmy-n-sapphie will be STF?
      > >
      > > B (GiGi and JoJo)
      > >
      > > emmy_n_sapphie <mbb2001@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Beacuse Pat has always wanted to go there, Barbara (GiGI) hid a
      cache
      > > for Pat in Machu Picchu (Peru) in January. It's called "Para Emmy-
      n-
      > > Sapphie" (GC19941). It finally got published March 20th, and I
      just got
      > > an email from Mike (Lignumaqua) that he was FTF on it yesterday!
      So an
      > > Austin cacher hid a cache for another Austin cacher in January &
      > > third Austin cacher was FTF on it in April even though the cache
      is
      > > 3,232 miles from Austin! Surreal.
      > >
      > > Mary Beth
      > > (emmy-n-sapphie)
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one

      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47523/*http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockb
      uster/
      > > text5.com> month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
      > > It has removed 1772 spam emails to date.
      > > Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
      > > Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> for free now!

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic