25629Re: Surreal

  • Mike
    Apr 14, 2008
      Just got home late last night, will log this some time today. LOT'S of
      emails to catch up with first...

      It was the most magnificent location for a cache you can possibly
      imagine and it was stunning to find that empty log book! :-)

      As MB said it was totally surreal to be looking for a cache at Machu
      Picchu that had been hidden by a friend in Austin. Our guide got very
      excited about it too.

      Great cache Barbara!

      We didn't cache too much - just three caches in Peru and a couple in
      Ecuador and the Galapagos - just enough to log one in each place. The
      virtual cache on the equator was very interesting as it turned out
      that not only the official monument (which is known to be in the wrong
      spot) but also the new museum supposedly built on the equator were
      both more than 100m off. Our Ecuador guide was really interested in
      that so we went off and marked the real equator so he would know where
      it was. Turned out to be in the road outside the front of the museum.

      Our driver sat in the van and laughed at the 'loco' tourists and the
      guide trying to get a photo of a GPS with all zeroes in the rain in
      the middle of a busy highway. Yikes! We got the photo though! :-)

      Mike

      > _____

      Dukette

      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47523/*http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/
      > text5.com> month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.
      >

      > _____

      > It has removed 1772 spam emails to date.
      > Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> for free now!

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic