25479Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Project ideas needed

    Apr 1, 2008
      In that vein, I'd go with the Texas Maze/Orienteering formula and have unique punches at the sites. Punch a score card.

      On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 07:30:03 -0500 "bcwatson" <bcwatson@...> writes:

      Set up a "geocaching park".

      Put identifying marks in concrete posts or blocks on the ground so the can't be removed.

      Easy enough to control the actual GPS units.  Kids need to come back with information on

      what they found and then you can hand out the "prizes" for what they found…

      If you had a square shaped concrete post or block, then you could number each side.

      This would keep kids from knowing what information you were wanting them to find as

      you would change up what numbers to get off the post that the coords take them to.

      Yes, it isn't quite the same as there is no "container" at the location, but they still get to

      learn how to use the GPS and they get rewarded for their "find"….

      How's that sound?