25467RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Old Hancock Texas

  • Melanie Dickerman
    Mar 31, 2008

      Well,

      After studying the history of the area, looking at current maps and an old land plot map from 1897 I believe it is pretty close to:

      98°14'7.38"W   29°54'38.78"N

      I am by no means an expert here but this was an intriguing question so I had to look it up.  If you are looking for buried treasure it probably won’t help any but as a bit of trivia, it will probably work.

      I would have liked to get my hands on this book which might be able to pinpoint the location even better.

      Hill Country Backroads: Showing the Way in Comal County

      Melanie

      (ACCLanMan)