      From: Barb Jernigan <gumbietygress@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 1, 2008 9:05:39 AM
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Bad Experience

      Yeah, except for the Tush Brothers' high speed chase through the Texas night, yours took the cake today. [That pan handle police officer gets one right up there, though.]

      That said, we've fortunately had nothing but good relations with the muggles who discover us -- whether we explain the sport or supply a cover story. But then, I can get Customs officers to chuckle, too.... so may be one of those weir-- er... spectacularly screwball individuals. Or, my time is coming. [May I stay firmly with option #1, Mr. Cosmic Game Show Host? Thank you.]

      One bad incident can spoil a whole lotta caching, though. And that's a shame.

      As Amish Angel said: Cache Safe, Cache On....
      And Be happy, Mon

      Barb/Tygress

      On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:27:45 -0600 "Barry Watson" <bcwatson@hopesanddr eams.com> writes:
      Have to agree here.  Best thing would be to reassure him that you were not on that side (east) of the fence and that he didn't have anything to worry about from you.  Then you walk away...
      I have had a MUCH worse experience because someone placed one on private property and didn't think to find out if it was or not before placing it...

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo