24002Moving trackables...

  • Doc
    Jan 1, 2008
      AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

      I thought I was so lucky...
      I released a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy geocoin and in it's plastic sleeve, put a note that its mission was to travel to the author's birthplace, Cambridge, England.  The very first person to pick it up (from a cache near Houston), took by plane to MA!  It has floated around local caches up there for a few months.  Now a person is taking it to MI!  So far out of its way!  That's why I put a note in its sleeve so people would know without having to go to the internet first whether they should leave it or if they could help with its mission.  Even if the note is no longer readable, common sense should be if you don't know what a trackable item's mission is, you shouldn't move it lest you unknowingly work against its mission.
      GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR........
      Sorry had to vent...  It went almost half way to it's destination in one day and then in totally opposite direction today...  for no good reason...

      Please folks, if you don't know, just let them sit...  but preferably, check the mission of trackables that are supposed to be in the caches you are looking for before visiting them.  And hiders, somehow please attach the mission of your trackable item to the item in some weatherproof way....

      Okay, done venting...  headed for bed...

      and yes, it is my first trackable item, so I might be a little sentimental about this one...

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo