23760Re: Confused in Tokyo

  • Mike
    Dec 4, 2007
      > Mike (Lignumaqua) travels the world geoccahing. So Mike, does your
      > unit usually initilize on its own or do you have to select "new
      > location" a lot?

      Yeah - my GPSr has been across the Atlantic about 30 times now!

      I find that it will get a lock on its own if you are prepared to leave
      it long enough but I always jump start the process by using 'select
      new location'. It seems to be much quicker if you do that.

      I often start this when I get in the cab at the airport and I have a
      lock before getting to the hotel! :-)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic