237Re: What's going to happen if they decide to pick up their toys and go home?

  • Will Nienke <nienke@nienke.com>
    Jan 6, 2003
      Hi,
      As a newbie geocaching.com admin, I can tell you that there is no
      specific bias, posted or not, against virtuals.

      Hang in there folks! Its not as bad as it seems, and it IS just a
      game! :-)

      9Key

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, The Diver
      <thediver@a...> wrote:
      > Well then, I guess that I must be weird or something because I
      actually
      > like virtuals. So I guess if your virtual is associated with a
      > historical marker, then you must attach a magnetic box on the back
      for a
      > log book? To me, virtuals are just points of interest. Take for
      instance
      > my virtual, GCA946 - Golden-cheeked Warbler, I could really care
      less
      > that someone emailed the answers or even emailed the correct
      answers. To
      > me, it's just a POI and I hope they enjoyed the location.
      >
      > alan
      >

      > On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 01:58, Mark Gessner wrote:
      > > The secret guidelines now include:
      > >
      > > 1) I (the approver) personally don't like virtuals.
      > > 2) If you can at all possible place a small container with a
      logbook,
      > > do so, because (see #1).
      > > 3) This just isn't unique enough, even though I (the approver)
      have
      > > never even seen the place
      > > 4) The rules for virtuals are changing, we (the approving class)
      are
      > > approving less of them because (see #1).
      > > 5) I (the approver) am letting this go to my head, I have the
      power, my
      > > game: "Neener neener neener."
      > >
      > > From now on all my caches are starting out as 50 cal ammo boxes
      with a
      > > logbook inside, hidden in a state park. Immediately after
      approval,
      > > some may secretly turn into virtuals and the coordinates may
      change
      > > --well... more than a little bit. :-)
      > >
      > > -mark
      > > aka lowracer
      > >
      > > On Wednesday, January 1, 2003, at 01:50 AM, The Diver wrote:
      > >
      > > > Mark,
      > > >
      > > > What were the reasons for "The Cheerful Dead" being rejected?
      Based on
      > > > the so called "guidelines", I don't see why it should be
      rejected?

      > > > alan
      > > > aka The Diver

      Seems like