22837Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!

    Aug 12, 2007
      Cool to know it didn't get all washed away!!!!
      On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:40:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00) Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> writes:

      5000! 5K! And on a buried in silt Spring Loaded?

      Way to go, HiDude!!!

      Russ the waterweasel

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Candy Lind
      Sent: Aug 12, 2007 9:20 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!

      Well not really an AFFAIR ... it was all in the family, after all!

      We talked to HiDude_98 this afternoon while we were at Muddy Buddies 25th anniversary party in Houston. He (with help from wife Deb, and support from his niece, mother-in-law, and daughter KatyDude) was looking for whatever help we could give with "Spring Loaded". We told him our experience with it; we made sure he'd read the notes about the difficulty Indigo Parrish had with it in June, and we all realized, with all the flooding we'd had since, that it was most likely buried in silt on the bottom again.

      A while later, we got a sad note from Paul that he and Deb were giving up for a while, to take KatyDude, his niece and Deb's mom home, but were determined to come back and look some more.

      Armed with goggles this time, he and Deb got back to Barton Springs and set out to find it again. This time, SUCCESS!!

      FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
      WOO -- HOOOOOO!

      It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for 791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,  192.3 caches per month.

      I don't know of many of us who could cache to this level for this length of time. Congratulations, Paul on this phenomenal accomplishment! And congrats to Deb for not killing you (or geoMire) somewhere along the way! ;)

      Happy Trails!

      Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic