22809Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] RE: From the Horse's Mouth: Garmin Maps, unlocking, updates

  • Doc
    Aug 1, 2007
      Yes, as well as roads on the map that have not been there for more than a decade....

      Alex Alexander <alex@...> wrote:
      It wouldn't be so bad if the maps were anywhere near up to date.  There are roads in Georgetown that have been there over three years and still don't show up on City Navigator 2008.

      At 02:23 PM 8/1/2007, you wrote:
      Thank you for contacting Garmin. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas- microsoft- com:office: office" />
      The maps can be expensive, but when you get into the GPS market for licensing data the price goes up from the vendors and that shows in end prices.  It seems a map would be a map in a lot of ways, but the market matters…routable, vector, load to a GPS, etc. all figure huge.
      As for the meat of your email (the second unit unlock), I personally agree with you.  No other GPS manufacturer has anything like that…Garmin was the only one…and I personally felt it was a nice selling point for some potential customers.  However, they did remove that.
      I will pass your feedback along.
      Thank you again for your interest in Garmin GPS.  Have you seen our online Map Viewer?  Preview the basic data in many of the MapSource products firsthand.
      http://www8. garmin.com/ cartography/
      Best regards,
      mailto:cartography@ garmin.com

      Garmin International
      <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas- microsoft- com:office: smarttags" />1200 E. 151st Street
      Olathe, KS (USA)  66062
      http://www.garmin. com