      From: Doc [mailto:bcwatson@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:49 PM
      To: Cartography Mailbox
      Subject: From the Horse's Mouth: Garmin Maps, unlocking, updates

      To Whom It May Concern,

      I hope this is reaching the correct department.  If not, please feel forward this to the correct department.

      I am very upset to hear about making the software unlock for one unit only.  The software is already very expensive for a private individual to pay for.  I have 4 Garmin units: GPSMAP 76, 60CSx, and 2 Rhinos.  What I have learned is that I will not be able to afford to get new maps for my units due to this marketing decision.  I have heard nothing but excellent stories of customer support when customers have returned units for one reason or another.  But this seems to fly into the face that excellent tradition of customer support.  By limiting the software to unlock only one unit instead of two, you are doubling the cost for your customers...  I can't say I have any idea of your company's financial health, or any other possible reasons for this decision, but it saddens me to know that my relationship with Garmin and your products is at an end.

      Barry Watson

      Building a website is a piece of cake.