20887Re: Camping Event!

  • gtbevo2000
    Mar 4, 2007
      Wowser! I've never been to a geocaching or camping event like the
      ones they're describing in the UK!

      I have a reservation for site #9 (#9, #9) for the weekend. I'm not
      even sure that I can actually call it 'camping' anymore as we just
      bought a travel trailer and will be using that but....anyway. I'll
      be there and Julie has asked me to host breakfast on Sunday morning
      so I'll be doing that too - details to come later.

      Alyson/gtbevo

      PS - I've always been a Kirk fan myself.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
      <alex@...> wrote:

      > At 07:27 AM 3/2/2007, MCP wrote:
      >

      > >Gang,
      > >I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
      > >Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
      > >
      > ><http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc>http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc
      > >
      > >Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
      > >decided to camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I
      > >decided to invite all my friends to join me!
      > >
      > >It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can
      do
      > >a bunch of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
      > >
      > >We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
      > >and then a community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
      > >
      > >Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
      > >
      > >I can share my site until its full.
      > >
      > >Hope to see you there!
      > >
      > >Julie
      > >Mrs. Captain Picard
      >

      > Is this going to be a British style camping event or just one of
      the
      > regular Texas style ones?
      >
      > http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=154870
      >
      > a.