200RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] What's going to happen if they decide to pick up their toys and go home?

  • Daniel McGauley
    Dec 31, 2002
      I don't mind posting it there David, but I've talked directly with
      Jeremy (via email), and he's the one who told me all of this, so I
      didn't really have many more places in which to complain. Just for your
      information "erik88l-r" (Erik) is the one who has cancelled all my
      recent caches. So, if yours gets cancelled by him don't be surprised.

      What's sad is that they came up with posting rules to follow and I've
      followed all of them, but the caches were still cancelled. I asked
      Jeremy for the location where proximity is listed in the posting rules
      and he responded on my cache page with "This cache will not be approved.
      It is entirely too close to an existing cache" and that's it. After
      threatening to not support the sport any more and being as tactful as
      possible, this was a giant middle-finger to me and fellow cachers, so my
      only recourse was to stop the sport entirely. That's worked well for me
      because now I don't have to deal with these immature people. If they
      came up with better guidelines and adjusted their page slightly to
      support "proof" of virtual cache finds that would be one thing, but to
      pay $30+ per year for very few features and then to have horrible
      customer service, I'll treat them like any other bad business and take
      my business elsewhere .. like the arcade. I really liked the sport
      though, and I still subscribe to this mailing list because I made some
      good friends caching and this is the best way to keep in touch with them
      since I'm not running into them on the 'field' any more.

      I hope things change in the future for the sport, but it's unlikely.

      -Dan

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic