16780Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Proposal in Fredericksburg

    Jul 4, 2006
      On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:36:24 -0500 "Nick Silkey" <nsilkey@...>
      writes:
      > I had a similar experience with a cache in Garner State Park (Top of
      > the World,Ma!; GCGKMG). After getting to the top of the world and
      > signing our name, during the descent I popped the question to
      > bcat...
      > cliff-side. :) Needless to say, I couldnt kneel, but it was
      > beautiful and great.
      >
      > Whats funny is Wendy pretty much knew the proposal was coming
      > during
      > our camping trip to Garner. The above find was on our last full
      > day
      > there. Her mind was constantly contemplating when it would happen.
      > She told me that when we began the trip to the cache, she thought
      > maybe I would have the ring in the cache. While I _am_ that big of
      > nerd, the terrain was a serious four-star. After little time into
      > our
      > ascent, she soon realized that I would be absolutely crazy to hike
      > up
      > there, drop the ring, hike down, and repeat. :)

      awww.... but it would have been ROMANTIC.

      Still... that's a story to post in the log!!!!

      What we love to do we find time to do. --John L. Spalding
      You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself.
      --Ethel Barrymore
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic