16744RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Multi Caches

  • Perrine, Julie
    Jun 29, 2006

      Sounds good!  And remember, people chose their caches in 1000 different ways and you should never take it personally when they don’t choose yours.  Look at all the CHOICES!!!!!!

      Actually, I met BandA out at the start of Pflugerville Loop this weekend and passed on it when they told me it was 7 stages!

      And now you’re reducing it to three.  See?  Procrastinating pays off AGAIN!!!!!!!!  WooHoo!  But I wouldn’t hold my breath on the three, either…….  NOTHING PERSONAL!

      Cheers,

      Julie

      Wierdo who Travels

      Mrs. Captain Picard

      From: Mike [mailto: geocaching@...]
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:57:08 -0000

      That's my modus operandi too:-

      Fall - Spring: Cool, all caches are fair game

      Summer: HOT! Park-n-grabs and short hikes only! (Call me a wimp if you
      like)

      I thought this multi cache looked interesting and I definitely would
      go for it if it were closer. Like Mary Beth we rarely venture North of
      the Colorado and I've never cached in Pflugerville or Round Rock.
      (That's on the white part of my map, next to the warning "Here be
      Dragons...")

      Mike

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, Richard Young
      ...> wrote:

      > I like multis fine to. My strong preferences tend
      > toward hiking caches in the parks with a big ammo can
      > at the end of the hunt. I agree with others that
      > caching activity is down which usually occurs during
      > the hotter months of summer.
      > Be patient
      > Cache on,
      >

      > Now tell me what is funky about Circle C :)
      >

      > --- Barry .> wrote:
      >
      > > The wife and I did the Monster in 3 days.... we
      > > like multi's just
      > > fine. But there are so many caches out there. Like
      > > others have
      > > said, just be patient and we will all get to them
      > > unless new caches
      > > are being put out faster than we can find them which
      > > ain't happening!
      > >
      > > Barry (Doc Geo)
      > >
      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Mary
      > > Beth Booth"
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > That's my thought exactly! We placed "Lost your
      > > Marbles yet?"
      > > multi in the Slaughter Creek Greenbelt & about 6
      > > people have found
      > > it. No one has been to it since April. I have
      > > another cache in that
      > > same greenbelt, so when I get notified that someone
      > > found the other
      > > one, I look at their stats. Oftentimes they have
      > > found every other
      > > cache in the greenbelt on that day except my multi!
      > > I don't
      > > understand it. It's really quick (3 stage and each
      > > of the stages is
      > > within a few hundred feet of each other). We spent
      > > a lot of time
      > > finding the redirectors which are not just plain ole
      > > film canisters.
      > > We stocked the final ammo can with lots of good
      > > prizes - Lignumaqua
      > > even thanked us for being too generous. And most
      > > everyone who did
      > > find it really enjoyed it. So I don't know what the
      > > problem is. I
      > > think too many people are focused on upping the
      > > smiley count & not
      > > just enjoying the game which to me is all about the
      > > thrill of the
      > > hunt.
      > > >
      > > > I understand that people are reluctant if they
      > > don't know how many
      > > stages there are or the time commitment. But my
      > > cache write-up says
      > > it's a short, 3-stage multi.
      > > >
      > > > Please don't give up on multis. Some of us are
      > > like BandA & we
      > > like multis. I have done their 2 multis & really
      > > enjoyed both of
      > > them. I haven't done yours yet not because it is a
      > > multi but because
      > > it's in Pflugerville & you can tell from previous
      > > emails that I
      > > don't venture north of the river very often. But we
      > > are planning a
      > > PFville run sometime this summer & will definitely
      > > try it then
      > > >
      > > > Mary Beth
> [...]

      No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.