16719Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Multi Caches

    Jun 28, 2006
      Be patient!
      We're too busy solving all those damned puzzles!!!
      And have to heal up from Backstop Boys!!!
      And, and....

      In this cacher household, we don't "disregard them" but they typically
      require a time investment, so we clear out the p&gs first. Or maybe it's
      not even conscious -- because we did some Stratman multis near the house.
      It is true that sometimes things that require more than .2 mile one-way
      often get reserved for longer (and cooler) days.....
      Clearly, the Waterweasel and I need to make a concentrated effort to
      cache Pflugerville!!!

      OTOH, Ought-Seven, which is a single -- but right at .2 one-way (though
      you can cache 2 other hides AT LEAST and make it part of a "multi" run),
      only has about 10 finds, if that.

      I DO empathise with not wanting to put out "wasted" effort.... =sympathy=

      (And now you've got me curious!!!)

      I think, though, with the SWAG NASTY and QuickSax serieseses....(sic!)
      we've gotten spoiled by the multi-smiley multis with the bonus at the
      end. And we say it's not about the numbers.....

      On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:44:28 -0000 "lowelldennis" <cyberclops@...>
      writes:
      > Uncle Fluffy and I have a serios question for the geocachers in this
      >
      > area ...
      >
      > Do you generally disregard multi-caches?
      >
      > We ask because we currently own two multi-caches. "Who left that
      > here? Is that yours?", GCTFYT, which was published way back on
      > February 21st and "The Pflugerville Loop", GCW2RA, which was
      > published on June 8th.
      > If you combine both of them ... only 10 people have
      > logged them as found. They are not hard. TPL is a series of YAPIDKA
      > PNGs that should take less than an hour and WLTHITY while wierd is
      > very easy and quick (10 minutes or so).
      >
      > Uncle Fluffy and I put a lot of work into them, especially TPL, and
      > do
      > not feel we are getting a very good response. Like anyone who puts
      >
      > caches out there we want them to be found. After all we put them
      > out
      > for your enjoyment, not ours (OK, we enjoy reading the logs and
      > hearing people's reactions to our warped sense of humor - but it is
      >
      > truly to give back to those of you who support our addiction).
      >
      > We ask the question to determine if we want to put any more multi-
      > caches out there. We are also considering busting TPL up into a
      > series of caches that each contain part of the location of the final
      >
      > cache (like Stratman's "SWAG Nasty" or Geomires "Quick Sax" series).
      >
      > Those of you who have found TPL will understand the challenge this
      > presents. But, would this be preferable to a true multi-cache?
      >
      > Unfortunately, the legs of WLTHITY are not far enough apart to get
      > approved so it will have to stay as a true multi-cache.
      >
      > We would appreciate any feedback you could give on this.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Cyberclops and Uncle Fluffy

      You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. --Arlo Guthrie
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic