15218Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: follow up on the termite warning

    Mar 1, 2006
      =lol=
      They only put the article up yesterday, so I'd emailed the email for
      verification (having found nothing (yet) on the web regarding it).
      It's too bad, we get so much "noise" that it's hard to suss out the real
      signal these days.

      On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 14:16:26 -0000 "mzmotomania" <mzmotomania@...>
      writes:
      > You beat me to it, Barb. I use Snopes.com, too. Great minds think
      > alike. :)
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
      > <gumbietygress@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/termites.asp
      > >
      > > Right now it's "undetermined" and "plausible"
      > > And LSU did issue a warning.
      > > However, there's no proof that the mulch you buy at Home Depot and
      >
      > Lowes
      > > will be infected. (I would *think* the potential for lawsuits
      > would stop
      > > 'em in their tracks, and/or that the mulch would be irradiated or
      > > something.]
      > >
      > > The article put up my red flags, because it reads like so many
      > internet
      > > near truths, which, unfortunately, defame companies that don't
      > deserve
      > > it.
      > > I'll watch snopes and see if they come to any deeper conclusions.
      > >
      > > But -- do be careful. [I don't use mulch myself.]

      You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your
      grandmother. --Albert Einstein
      ...every mechanical device ever built understands Assembler coding,
      especially when spoken in a strong ballpeen accent. --R. Clayton McKee
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic