12934Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Katrina has affected our Geocaching Colleagues

    Sep 7, 2005
      On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:11:17 -0000 "grrlfrog71" <mlaverty@...>
      writes:
      > They are in Friendswood, TX. There are 5 cachers who contacted me
      > directly with items they would like to give - I'd like to get all
      > this
      > stuff together to bring as well. Not sure we can get it all
      > together
      > tonight. When will you go to Houston again?
      >
      > Also, I forgot to mention that the Dad told me he had loaded caches
      > he
      > was ready to hide and now they have been destroyed. Does anyone
      > have
      > a couple ammo cans and some notpads? I have tons of swag to put in
      > few caches as well as some micro caches. He and the boys could hide
      >
      > them while in Houston. He is devastated that the 16 caches he hid
      > in
      > the New Orleans area are most likely gone.

      Remind him that the caching community IS a community.... we'll all pitch
      in to get things caching again. We're THAT Way.
      No Ammo cans, but I'll bundle up some swag, too.

      BTW, we know the kids' needs by extrapolation -- what about the parents?
      Sizes? Reading habits?

      > You guys are the best! Thanks!
      > Mary Ann aka Grrlfrog
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Young"
      > <AusGeoCache@a...> wrote:
      > > Is this family in Houston? I am going to the Houston area
      > tomorrow.
      > > If they are, we have a bicycle for the older boy. Who else might
      >
      > like
      > > to contribute to the cause? Let us get this project going!
      > > Cache on,
      > > Dick

      > home page
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM

      You don't have to be a genius. You just have to be smarter than the
      problem. --Al Hartley's Great Grandmother
      The past always looks better than it was. It's only pleasant because it
      isn't here. --Finley Peter Dunne
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic