      From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Christopher Holland
      Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 8:18 AM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] whose FTF will reign supreme?

      I'll be placing the new coordinates provided by the pioneers in the
      redirector, probably Friday afternoon/evening. Thanks all.

      FYI, for our averaging we take a waypoint, walk away, walk back to the
      cache, and take another waypoint. Do that about ten times and then
      average them together (we use a Wabac Machine for the heavy
      calculating). Voila! We now have a very imprecise waypoint that will
      get you within 150 feet of the cache.

      OK, I blame the tree cover, not the math, but still.

      Chris

      http://www.stomptokyo.com/
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic